Programming Instructions for Mazda Keyless Entry Remotes
The following instructions work for many models of Mazda, including the Mazda3, Mazda6, Mazda Miata and the Mazda RX-7 as well as numerous other models.
(For instructions for the Mazda Tribute and B-Series trucks see below.)
1. Open the driver's door and leave it open (until step 5)
2. Take the key and put it ntot the ignition, with the driver's door open
3. Turn the key to the ON position without starting the Mazda then turn it back to LOCK
4. Repeat this two more times (So three times all together within 10 seconds)
5. Close and open the driver's door three times
6. The car will respond by locking and unlocking
7. Press LOCK and UNLOCK twice on the keyless remote
Your Mazda keyless remote is now programmed.
If you have more than one keyless remote for the same Mazda, all need to be programmed in the same time frame.
Close the door to program all remotes.
The car will respond to each programmed remote by locking and unlocking for each device. See below for a video that perhaps more clearly explains the programming instructions.
Find all brands of replacement Mazda keyless remotes
|MPV remote keys||Protege remotes|
Programming Instructions on Video
The following video demonstrates clearly how to program the Mazda keyless entry system:
Programming instructions for some other models of Mazda
The following keyless entry programming instructions should work for models of Mazda including the B-Series and the Mazda Tribute:
1. Sit in the driver's seat with the Mazda's door closed.
2. Insert the key then turn it to RUN, then repeat this seven more times (so eight times altogether) and leave it in the RUN position. Do this quickly, within 10 seconds.
3. Press the LOCK button on the remote keyless fob.
4. The car should cycle through lock and unlock modes.
5. Remove the key from the ignition.
You should have programmed your Mazda Tribute keyless entry system or B-Series keyless entry system.