Programming your Chevrolet remote keyless entry system is simple with the instructions provided here. Programming instructions below apply generically to several models of Chevrolet (Chevy). For other models, please follow the links below then go to the bottom of the page to find program instructions that will help you get your keyless access system up and running. For many other makes and models of Chevrolet, including the Cobalt, Colorado, Equinox, Uplander and others (including certain years of some models, such as the 2010 Camaro) you may require a scan tool to program the remote.
Here are instructions that apply to several models, including the Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe and Trailblazer. Other models may be linked to below.
1. Press down and hold firmly the power UNLOCK button on the drivers side.
2. Insert the Chevrolet`s key into the ignition. Then cycle the key from ON to OFF (without starting the engine) and repeating this twice more. (So three times all together.)
3. Now, let go of the UNLOCK button you`ve been holding (the driver`s side).
4. Now your power door locks should cycle, indicating that you have entered the programming mode.
5. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on your remote keyless entry fob to be programmed. Again, the power door locks will run through a cycle and this indicates that you have successfully programmed the Chevrolet`s remote keyless entry system. (Please note that this may take up to 30 seconds.) ญญญ
6. Repeat previous step for any additional keyless fobs.
7. When you are done, turn the ignition ON and this will exit program mode.
If you don`t want to go anywhere, shut the engine off and you are done! Please note that we cannot guarantee that these will work for all years! Good luck!
Find new Chevrolet key fobs cheap (most come with instructions)
Programming instructions for other makes of Chevrolet. (Click the link and go to the bottom of the page for each):