Jaguar flip key batteries can be tricky to replace, below is a detailed diagram with instructions for replacement. The text is also quoted below.
“Key transmitter battery renewal
When the battery needs renewal there will be a significant decrease in the effective range of the key transmitter. To renew the battery, follow the procedure below.
- Using a small, flat-blade screwdriver, separate and pull the transmitter (A) from the key body.
- Insert the screwdriver into the groove between the covers (B) and, by twisting the screwdriver, prise the covers apart.
- Unscrew and remove the small screw (C) and remove the printed circuit board, taking care not to touch the battery terminals. Remove the battery and dispose of it safely.
- Fit a new cell, type CR2032 (available from your Jaguar Dealer), with the side marked with the positive symbol (+) downwards in the battery receptacle. Avoid touching the new battery as moisture/oil from the fingers can reduce the life of the battery and corrode the contacts.
- Replace the printed circuit board making sure to engage the board under the securing tabs (D), and secure with the screw.
- Refit the cover and click into place with thumb pressure.
- Slide the transmitter back onto the key body.“